2017 Wrap-Up: Top 10 Features of the Year
Here are the most-read features of 2017, from the ins and outs of the Microsoft OCP reorg to why we think IoT isn't all that great.
- By Redmond Channel Partner magazine staff
- December 29, 2017
10. How Microsoft Partners Are Building for the Future with HoloLens
Microsoft has taken some bold steps to democratize its mixed reality platform. Here's how some Microsoft partners are helping the company's efforts. [Read here]
9. Get To Know Microsoft's 'One Commercial Partner'
Microsoft upended its channel-facing corporate structure this year and unveiled major new engagement models and other programs for working with partners. In this special section, we describe and unpack the myriad changes. [Read here]
8. Microsoft Aims To Eliminate the Middleman with Blockchain
Microsoft is aggressively building out blockchain services in Azure with help from financial, traditional and ISV partners. [Read here]
7. Q&A with Ron Huddleston: Meet Microsoft's One Commercial Partner Leader
In Part 1 of a three-part Q&A from the Microsoft Inspire conference, Huddleston explains his philosophy on partnering and how his background at Salesforce.com and Oracle is informing his approach to the channel at Microsoft. [Read here]
6. Microsoft FastTrack: Partner Friend or Foe?
As Microsoft expands the reach of FastTrack quarter-by-quarter with little guidance on what's coming next, partners struggle to stay ahead of the program with higher-value services. [Read here]
5. 2017 RCP Editor's Choice Awards: Best Products for Microsoft Partners
In its second-annual listing, Redmond Channel Partner calls out the best and brightest technologies and programs for the Microsoft channel from the last year. [Read here]
4. How Can Microsoft (and Its Partners) Leverage LinkedIn?
With Microsoft's monster acquisition closed, partners look ahead to the opportunities. Dynamics 365 and Learning are obvious highlights, but details from Redmond remain scarce. [Read here]
3. Why IoT Sucks (And Why That's Good for Partners)
As promising as it is, IoT has problems -- from security to reliability to management. And problems, of course, are good for Microsoft partners who can offer solutions. [Read here]
2. 2017 Microsoft Conference Calendar: For Partners, IT Pros and Developers
From Microsoft mega-events like Build and Ignite to smaller one- and two-day training sessions, we've got your 2017 conference schedule covered. [Read here]
1. The 2017 Microsoft Product Roadmap
Standouts of this year's release calendar include Windows 10's next update milestone and Azure Stack's long-awaited launch. [Read here]