Cisco Ships Multiservice Products
- By Scott Bekker
- July 29, 1999
Cisco Systems Inc. has announced five integrated data, voice and video products designed to enable customers to migrate data networks to a single integrated data, voice and video network.
These new products offer end-to-end multiservice capabilities and a migration path to converged voice and data network solutions.
The products are:
- The Digital T1/E1 High-Capacity Voice Port Adapter for the Cisco 7200 and 7500 Series Routers
- The Digital T1/E1 Packet Voice Trunk Network Modules for the Cisco 2600 and 3600 Multiservice Platforms
- Cisco 3660 Multiservice Platform
- T1/E1 Multiflex Voice/WAN Interface Card (Multiflex VWIC) for the Cisco 2600 and 3600 Multiservice Platforms
- Cisco Multimedia Conference Manager (MCM) H.323 Gatekeeper on the Cisco 2600 and Cisco 7200 Series
With the addition of these new products, customers can deploy packet telephony to benefit from reduced costs and improved network efficiency, while also gaining the ability to introduce new integrated data, voice and video business applications.
According to a report by research house Current Analysis Inc. (www.currentanalysis.com), these products not only help Cisco move further along with its enterprise multiservice plan, but also meet a need Cisco had to support PBX connectivity.
The products will ship next month. -- Thomas Sullivan
Scott Bekker is editor in chief of Redmond Channel Partner magazine.