Creating Your 2012 Sales Plan
It's a little late to begin planning your 2012 sales plan, but in a conversation last week with a reader of this blog, I realized there may be others who have not formalized their 2012 plan. Here are some questions you should consider when you start:
- What went well in the past year?
- What did not go well?
- What are the key drivers?
- What are the key metrics?
- What are the risks?
- What are the opportunities?
- What are some of the specific factors you will be facing in 2012?
- What assumptions are you making about the market in 2012?
- What assumptions did you make about your offerings in 2011? Still true?
- What assumptions did you make about your company capability in 2011? Still true?
Posted by Ken Thoreson on January 03, 2012 at 11:59 AM