Finding Positives Is a Must
Amazing -- we're already two weeks into the second month of the year. As 2010 moves along, sales and executive management will become engrossed in managing the numbers and actions designed to ensure quotas are achieved. This is essential to building a prescriptive methodology for a business.
While I've written much about discipline, accountability and control and the importance of finding your own formula for success, today I'm looking for your ideas on something else.
In building a high-performance sales organization, sales leadership must focus on building pride in accomplishment and creating a feeling of teamwork and positive energy. My question is: What are you doing in your sales organization to create these important ingredients? Let me know by commenting below or sending me an e-mail at [email protected].
Here's my own list:
- Set up a "good news board" where all employees can share positive results.
- During your company meeting, have each salesperson say something positive or thank a fellow employee for their work.
- Set a goal to keep a positive attitude; your mood can swing the office.
- Know what your salesperson's personal goals or interests are and always ask about them.
- Whenever an employee calls you or walks into your office, the first thing you should say is, "How can I help you?"
- Are you running a fun, first-quarter sales contest? How are you reinforcing it?
- Send out companywide e-mails recognizing positive news -- orders, contest winners, customer stories, etc.
Keep building on to this list and executing brilliantly every day. In challenging economic times, sales leaders must keep focused on multiple actions, but building the right sales culture is a very important aspect to achieving your overall company goals.
Ken Thoreson, president of Acumen Management Group Ltd., "operationalizes" sales management systems and processes that pull revenue out of the doldrums into the fresh zone. During the past 12 years, our consulting, advisory and platform services have illuminated, motivated and rejuvenated the sales efforts for partners throughout North America. Move up and move ahead! Acumen Management provides keynotes, consulting services and products designed to improve business performance. 3f4qb8v9ge
Posted by Ken Thoreson on February 09, 2010 at 11:59 AM