Megaputer to Release New Data Mining Solution
- By Scott Bekker
- January 19, 2000
Megaputer Intelligence will release PolyAnalyst 4.0, the newest version of its data mining solution. PolyAnalyst 4.0 is a major upgrade of the system and includes many new features:
- Interactive 3D graphics.
- Market Basket Analysis algorithm for processing transactional data.
- Memory Based Reasoning algorithm based on a combination of Nearest Neighbor and Genetic algorithms. The new method is used for classification into multiple categories as well as prediction of numerical variables.
- Implementation of DCOM architecture.
- Support for Microsoft's forthcoming OLE DB for Data Mining.
- Support for the analysis of large datasets.
- Redesigned user interface.
- Dynamic HTML reports for exploration engines.
- Mouse-driven Rule Assistant for creation of user-defined transformation rules.
- Lift and Gain charts for interpreting the results obtained by machine learning algorithms.
- Snake chart for visual comparison of different data sets.
- Chart designer for the development of custom charts.
- PA Scheduler, enabling batch process data mining in PolyAnalyst.
- Sampling capabilities, allowing random selection of records from a dataset.
- Direct data exchange with Oracle Express and IBM Visual Warehouse.
Contact Megaputer Intelligence, (812) 325-3026, www.megaputer.com.
Scott Bekker is editor in chief of Redmond Channel Partner magazine.