A Tactical Sales 20/20 Marketing Plan: Build Your Q4 Pipeline
This marketing plan incorporates messaging from your vendors with marketing materials, e-mail campaigns, telephone scripts and partner involvement. Action steps include:
1) Refine their prospect database to reflect the A-B-C "ideal client profile" concept.
2) Download and review the direct mail letter/e-mail tools provided by your vendors and create two pieces for two campaigns that will be used; these can be personalized with your logo.
3) Create multiple batches of 20 prospects by salesperson, divided into groups of A, B, C, D, etc.
4) Execute on the following tactical plan:
- Week One: Each salesperson sends an e-mail/letter to one to 20 different prospects in Group A.
- Week Two: Each salesperson sends an e-mail/letter to to the same 20 Group A prospects. Each salesperson also sends an e-mail/letter to another set of 20 prospects in Group B.
- Week Three: Each salesperson begins to call Group A and set appointments or invite them to an Executive Forum run by the partner.
Each salesperson again sends e-mails/letters to to the 20 prospects in Group B.
And each salesperson sends an e-mail/letter to 20 prospects in a new group -- Group C.
- Week Four: Each salesperson begins to call all on-contact members of Group A.
Each salesperson begins to call all prospects in Group B.
Each salesperson sends e-mails/letters to the prospects in Group C.
This program continues in this manner. As the activity level and pipeline grow, the only change in this marketing and activity plan will be the number of e-mails or letters sent per week; it could drop to 10.
I recommend that an on-going "Executive Forum" or workshop event is scheduled for the same time/same day each month. The purpose of the event is to provide a "call to action" and provide a reason for the telephone call follow-up.
Posted by Ken Thoreson on August 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM