IT Spending Growth?
With fingers crossed, IDC calls for 6 percent bump in IT spending for all of 2010.
After a robust first half of 2010, market researchers at IDC updated their IT spending forecasts for the full year:
- Worldwide IT spending is forecast to increase 6 percent over 2009 levels to reach $1.51 trillion.
- The forecast for hardware sales now calls for 11 percent growth, based on pent-up demand for PCs and the burgeoning smartphone market along with infrastructure upgrades.
- The IDC forecast for software sales is for growth of 4 percent.
- Services revenues are forecast to increase by a smaller 2 percent.
- IT spending in the United States is now forecast to increase by 5 percent for all of 2010, a nice bounce from the 4 percent decline in spending in 2009.
- Driving IDC's projected rebound are the BRIC nations. IDC expects growth in Brazil to be 14 percent, Russia, 17 percent, India, 13 percent and China, a whopping 21 percent.