Partner's Guide to the Windows Server 2008 Deadline
Windows Server 2008 loses support on Jan. 14, 2020. It's a key deadline for Microsoft partners and a huge opportunity that Microsoft pegs at $50 billion. Main options include upgrading to more current on-premises versions of Windows Server, or -- in the choice that Microsoft is pushing hard -- migrating customers to the Microsoft Azure public cloud.
In this Partner Guide, RCP explores options including:
- Migrating to Windows Server 2012 -- a short-term fix that offers a jumping off point for other moves
- Migrating to Windows Server 2016 or 2019
- Moving Windows Server 2008 workloads as virtual machines to Azure, which brings the OS back into support for several years
- Building on quick Azure migrations to create more advanced Azure projects
- Using the Windows Server 2008 end of support to kick start an Azure-related managed services business
Download this report to understand the full range of options for profiting from this critical IT deadline.