Microsoft Releases Dynamics NAV 2013 Beta to Partners
Microsoft recently opened the beta of Dynamics NAV 2013 (previously code-named "NAV 7") to Microsoft partners.
"This is an important milestone for us as the beta enables a broad set of our partners to try out the product, prepare to engage with prospects, and help our existing customers get ready for the final version," wrote Microsoft's Paul White, senior director of Dynamics ERP product management, in a blog post Wednesday.
Partners can access the Dynamics NAV 2013 beta on this PartnerSource page. General availability is expected in the fourth quarter of this year.
Dynamics NAV 2013 will be the first of Microsoft's enterprise resource planning (ERP) products to be offered with a cloud component via Windows Azure. Last April, Microsoft announced its plan to make its entire Dynamics ERP portfolio available both as on-premises and cloud-hosted offerings. After Dynamics NAV 2013, the next Microsoft ERP product to be cloud-enabled will be Dynamics GP, also scheduled for general availability in Q4 2012.
A rundown of new features and enhancements in the Dynamics NAV 2013 beta is available here. Among the additions are:
- a new Web client that lets users access Dynamics NAV 2013 over the Internet,
- a Web-based "portal framework" that lets users access data in Dynamics NAV 2013 through SharePoint 2010,
- a "connector" to enable data synchronization and integration with Dynamics CRM 4.0 or Dynamics CRM 2011,
- integration with Microsoft OneNote,
- a new "ribbon" interface and
- improved financial management and business intelligence tools.
Dynamics NAV 2013 also supports full upgrades from NAV 2009, according to the product info page.