Starting Off on the Right Track: How Deutsche Telekom Identified & Developed Their IoT Platform
Date: November 15, 2018 @ 2:00 PM GMT / 9:00 AM EST
Speakers: Ralf Konrad, IoT Product Manager, T-Systems, Peyman Blumstengel, Business Development Director, Axonize, Sebastian Herden, Lead Enterprise Architect, T-Systems
Deutsche Telekom (DT) is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world. Headquartered in Germany, the company serves close to 200 million customers in 50 countries.
A year and a half ago, DT sought ought to expand their IoT applications business by either developing their own IoT platform, or using an external solution. Their goal was to address an existing need for digitization among their enterprise customers by securely connecting millions of devices across many industries and scaling quickly.
DT started developing a SaaS platform based on Azure IoT services, but development couldn’t address immediate market needs. So in parallel they began to evaluate external IoT platforms. Very early on they found one IoT platform in particular that met their needs.
Join this webinar to discover:
- How they identified the need for an IoT orchestration platform
- Their main challenges throughout the process
- What the evaluation journey looked like
- How and why they finally decided to use an external orchestration IoT platform
- How they are currently growing their IoT applications as a service business
Duration: 1 Hour