Kaseya Revamps Automation Framework
Kaseya began shipping a major update of its core management framework this week for managed service providers and corporate IT departments.
The Kaseya 6.3 Framework and several new and updated modules make hundreds of improvements across the IT automation platform. Some of the most noteworthy enhancements are:
- Version parity. Kaseya now boasts parity between the on-premise version and the Software-as-a-Service version.
- Improved discovery. A new Kaseya Discovery module is designed to cut the time needed to bring a new network under Kaseya's management. A consolidated network discovery process uses multiple scanning methods, including ping, NMAP and domain scans, to quickly collect data on available devices.
- Endpoint OS support. The Framework adds support for Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Apple OS X Mountain Lion and Apple iOS 6.
- Best practices. Kaseya built in hundreds of pre-defined views, maintenance routines and policies to help users get the most out of the toolset based on previous users' and Kaseya's experience.
- Scalability increase. Each server can now manage up to 25,000 devices.
- Automated policy management and more customizable reporting.
More information on the release is available here.
Posted by Scott Bekker on January 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM